Improve PDF export of BPMN viewBeantwoord
See also (from 8 months back): Atlantic 2 Release
We are very pleased with the download option including the descriptions at the task fields. It's a step in the right direction. However, the lay-out of the PDF could be improved in future updates of BlueDolphin. Feel free to contact me, but here are some thoughts:
- Clearer distinction between roles by adding horizontal lines between them and use bold fonts for the names of the Roles.
- Samed holds for tasks, maybe use italics to place more emphasis on the start of a new task / section in the PDF.
- We'd love to see the same coloured circles and squares in the PDF as in the Description in the right panel of the Process Portal. That looks very nice, the PDF does not.
- Add connected tasks or other BPMN-objects at the bottom of each task. Including the text (if any) on the relationship / flow line.
- Text isn't always converted right from the 'Description' to the PDF. Bullit points (or - lines) aren't converted as is, but the text at a task gets all mixed up and falls of the document at the right. (f.i. We see a "þÿ" instead of a - hyphen).
The first three are extras, I am making a wish for that right here.
The last one is some kind of bug or mis-programming maybe.
Example of text falling off at the right.0
Thanks for your comment on the topic. I understand that there are improvements possible for the PDF format, and it's great to see you have clear and detailed ideas for that! Unfortunately, we have to make choices on what to prioritize. So at this stage, this item does not make it to our roadmap.0
That is very unfortunate to hear, because now I'm beginning to doubt whether we made the right choice by switching our old process tool for BlueDolphin Emiel. The way we can export the process descriptions right now just doesn't suffice at all. The exports are not usable by our employees, who keep using the old exports (from BPMOne).
Maybe we should focus on getting an xml export so that we can turn that into a PDF ourselves?0
U moet u aanmelden om een opmerking te plaatsen.