As is(baseline) / To be(scenario's) separation in repository.Answered
- What is your wish?
Ability to store information in the repository with a clear label "To be" without interfering in the As-is information (baseline).
- What is the problem you encounter?
When creating future state views (Archimate, BPMN), we need to be able to define or change objects and relations. In the current situation we can only do this in the repository, but this might lead to confusion. We want to be able to branch, create a certain changed subset of objects and views, that differs from the current baseline without altering the as is information.
- Why do you want this wish?
Ability to model various scenario's while preserving integrity of as is baseline information in BD.
- Do you have a workaround? And if so, what is it?
Being very very careful. Adding "To Be" version of an object. Adding "To be" relation.
- How would you ideally solve the problem?
1. Create a project, ability to select set of objects, create a temporary copy, change/delete/add in that subset and make various views.
- 2. Ability to merge changes in the baseline (after realization)
- How big is the problem on a scale from 1 to 5?
(1 = it would be nice, but definitely not necessary,
5 = I can't work another day without it).
This is definitely on our roadmap and a high priority. More on this subject in the coming year.0
Please sign in to leave a comment.