It could be very helpful to use a hyperlink in a free shape or textbox on a canvas. You can connect with information elsewhere. With one simple click, you can get to the required information.
This is possible within BlueDolphin in Archimate and BPMN.
Rules of thumb
- It is possible to add links into textboxes and shapes.
- Only the link is clickable (no alternative text).
- The link will be clickable as soon as you type(or copy paste something beginning with) the list below and hit the spacebar.
- The clickable link looks like a 'normal' hyperlink and will have the following characteristics:
- Is has to be and remain blue
- It has to be underlined
- When hovering above the link, the mouse icon is a white hand and shows the message: "CTRL + click to open link".
- To open a link in the view, it's neccesary you click CTRL and click on the link at the same time. This because double click will enter the edit modus, andincreases the chance that you will accidentally click on (especially long) URL’s, is quite big.
- Links open in a new tab.