How to navigate to your homepage
The homepage is what you see immediately after you log in to BlueDolphin or when you click on the dolphin icon on the far-left in the top menu bar.
If you need to navigate back to your homepage quickly, for example, if you want to navigate back home from a BPMN toolbox, you can do so by clicking the dolphin icon in the top menu bar.
How BlueDolphin determines the homepage for a specific user
When a user navigates to the homepage, they see the homepage that is configured for one of their roles, if any.
If the user has multiple roles, BlueDolphin uses the homepage of the first matching role in the below list:
- Process administrators
- Source processors
- Default users
- Custom roles (defined by the admin), ordered by ascending role name.
If the user has at least one role, but no homepage is configured for any of the user's roles, then BlueDolphin shows the user's dashboard.
If a user has no role (could be a named user or an anonymous guest user), then BlueDolphin shows the user's process portal.
Why configure a homepage for each role?
Configuring a homepage per role is an option that you can choose as an admin.
The advantage of configuring a homepage per role is that users with this role as the most important end up directly at the page which is most important to them.
Using views for navigation
For example, if you configure a table of contents view as a homepage for a role with navigation to other views (which in turn have links to other views, and so on), the entire navigation is easy to use.
The table of contents view or those linked views don't have to be published first before using the view as a homepage for a role.
The advantage of using unpublished views for navigation is that they are editable (a published view is not editable). Because you don't have to publish a view in order to use it as a homepage, maintaining the navigation structure becomes easier. This is because the table of contents view can be updated as often as desired, without blocking the way to other views (the URL remains the same).
How to configure a homepage for a role
1. Open the BlueDolphin page that you wish to configure as a homepage for a role.
2. Copy the URL from your browsers address bar to your clipboard.
3. Go to Admin > Identity and access > Roles.
4. Select the role you want to configure the homepage for and go to the field Default start page on the right-half of the screen. Please note that the base URL of your tenant (the first part of the URL) is already filled in and cannot be changed.
5. Paste or type the remainder of the URL (without the base URL) of the homepage in the field.