There is often an overlap between what is modeled in ArchiMate and in BPMN. The article about the relationship between ArchiMate and BPMN explains how this works.
When a process view is made official, BlueDolphin adds ArchiMate relationships that exist in the view. For more details on which relationships are added, see Relationships created as a result of making a BPMN view official.
How do you make a BPMN view official?
Please note that you can make a BPMN view official only when you have been assigned the Administrators or Process Administrators role.
1. Check whether a BPMN view no longer requires any changes. It is still easy to make any necessary changes at this moment (before publication).
2. Click on the process object (either from the objects browser, BPMN view or Architecture view). For an explanation about opening object properties, see the article about object properties and object tabs.
3. Select the Views tab.
4. Right-click the BPMN view that you want to make official:
5. Click Set as official BPMN model.
6. When you set a non-published BPMN view as official, choose a name for the official view.
You can now find the view in the process publication portal.
Note: This must be a unique name and can therefore not have the same name as the original view. The name of the original view is shown in gray, but you still need to enter the full name of the official view yourself.
Want to make sure everything worked? Click here for the article about finding the official view of a process.
1. Why would you want to make a process view official?
So that the relationships you've created on the view also exist between the ArchiMate objects. As a result, your fellow BlueDolphin colleagues won't have to do this again. Moreover, it will be clear to everyone what the official BPMN view for the process is.
2. When are the relationships added?
The moment a process view is made official, BlueDolphin adds ArchiMate relationships.
3. How do I change an official process view?
Edit a non-published version. After making changes, you can make the view official by following the steps described earlier.
You can also use the official view as the basis for making changes. For more details on how to do that, see Substitute an official process with an updated process.